"poolht" and "spaht" Never Report On Status (Value 2)

autelis
Site Admin

Re: "poolht" and "spaht" Never Report On Status (Value 2)

Post by autelis » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:56 pm

It is possible there is a bug specific to your version. We will try to implement a workaround in the next update.
Autelis.com Staff
kingwr

Post by kingwr » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:25 pm

Great! Thanks. Recognizing the heater being turned on is actually one of the few functions that I want to integrate into my Home Automation controller. That and lighting. Everything else I am pretty much good with the mobile app or Spa Side Switch.
kingwr

Post by kingwr » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:40 pm

autelis wrote:It is possible there is a bug specific to your version. We will try to implement a workaround in the next update.
So what is the cycle on firmware updates usually look like? Looking at the current one, looks like it came out around August, 2016?
autelis
Site Admin

Post by autelis » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:55 pm

Autelis.com Staff
kingwr

Post by kingwr » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:19 pm

Well, progress for sure. The posted firmware seems to work brilliantly for reporting the heater status of Off (0), Enabled (1), and On (2). This works in the web app and the status.xml page. It works for both poolht and spaht.

However, the TCP Serial Interface now appears to be broken. When the TCP connection is established, I get a continuous flood of data in the following sequence:

!00 SPA=0
!00 POOLHT=0
!00 SPAHT=0
!00 SOLHT=0

which then repeats indefinitely. It all comes in a single message as well, which is weird because before I got one sequence per message from the TCP Serial interface and not several in one message.

So if the change to the heater status could be applied to the 1.6.9 TCP Serial firmware, I think we'd have it fixed. Thanks for your efforts here!
autelis
Site Admin

Post by autelis » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:36 pm

Autelis.com Staff
kingwr

Post by kingwr » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:46 pm

So far, so good. I will let it run through its paces for a few days and let you know if I find anything.

Don't know if this is significant, but pooltemp initially reported as 0 when I restarted the Autelis Pool Control and stayed at 0 through turning pool heat on and off and filter pump on and off, etc. This was the case in both the web app and in status.xml. , Pooltemp only began reporting the temperature from the Aqualink RS after I had switched it to Spa mode and then back to Pool mode a few minutes later.

Thanks for the update!
kingwr

Post by kingwr » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:23 pm

Have been running this for several weeks now and it works well. The TCP connection seems to be working correctly as well as the HTTP requests. The web app works well, too. The mobile app (running on iOS 11.1) has the problems from 1.6.9 where the the page will go white and you have to shut down the app and restart it to get it back and won't let me scroll to the bottom of the page, but otherwise works as well. The problems in the mobile app were fixed in 1.6.9 by downloading the _ADV version of the firmware, so maybe it just needs the _ADV version of the mobile app moved over to the downloads.

Thanks again for the update!