Can't access web GUI for autelis over internet

Sammy2

Re: Can't access web GUI for autelis over internet

Post by Sammy2 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:37 am

Sammy2 wrote:
autelis wrote:Thanks for the information. Flashing the firmware most likely will not fix a "no connection" error. Do you have a terminal expansion kit installed in your panel where the autelis wiring connects? Sometimes the wiring from the main board to the terminal expansion can become loose or disconnected even though the wiring for the autelis device is secure.

Are you able to test the wiring by connecting the working wall remote to the wiring at the autelis device and see if it connects?
I do not have a terminal expansion kit, just the basic 4-wire terminal that plugs into the Jandy board. I had the wall controller disconnected from the Jandy Panel and only the Autelis connected for 6 months now because I had no use for the wall controller between when I got the Autelis set up with Vera and this past Saturday when the Autelis stopped showing it is connected.

Testing the Autelis at the wall panel will require me removing the Autelis from the water proof enclosure in which it resides and pulling the touch panel out of the wall to connect the Autelis. This is a little bit tedious and time consuming. If it doesn't work connected directly to the Jandy board I don't see any advantage to testing like this as it only introduces more cabling and line losses into the system.

Maybe I need to do a continuity test on the control wire that I am using right now to connect the Autelis to the Jandy R485 terminal?

Also, can I check voltages on these four conductors?

Which one is providing the power to the Autelis? My instinct says the red one but is there a ground?

What voltages do the other wires carry?

Before yanking the Autelis out of it's cozy box, I want to check these things first I think.

If I do need to do an RMA under warranty, is it true that you have more product coming in next month? If so, how quick can I do an RMA?

Thanks.
I can run the tests tonight if I get home before it is too dark but what am I looking for?

Thanks.
autelis
Site Admin

Post by autelis » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:32 pm

Red wire is +10V, Green wire is ground. But your device has power so this should not be an issue. Black and Yellow wires are differential data pair. It is hard to test these with just a multimeter, you should see a voltage reading that jumps around. You can also do a continuity test with power off. If you can run a temporary new wire to test instead of using the wall control that is also an option. A no connection error is almost always a wiring issue, but if you have ruled this out you can open a ticket at autelis.com/cs and request a warranty repair/exchange. At this time it may take up to 2 weeks.
Autelis.com Staff
Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:44 pm

autelis wrote:Red wire is +10V, Green wire is ground. But your device has power so this should not be an issue. Black and Yellow wires are differential data pair. It is hard to test these with just a multimeter, you should see a voltage reading that jumps around. You can also do a continuity test with power off. If you can run a temporary new wire to test instead of using the wall control that is also an option. A no connection error is almost always a wiring issue, but if you have ruled this out you can open a ticket at autelis.com/cs and request a warranty repair/exchange. At this time it may take up to 2 weeks.
Thank you for this information. so I should see +10V between Red and Green. If I see no voltage on black and yellow, it seems it would be the cable. If it jumps around (communication pulses) It seems it would be the Autelis not doing anything with the information received.

I will also power down the Jandy panel and check continuity with the existing cable and also bypass the current cable and try another one temporarily to see if it works. If the continuity checks out then it is the Autelis I think but I'll still try another cable before doing an RMA just to cover all possibilities.

I already have a ticket open but haven't heard a response to that yet, maybe because you're waiting for it to play out in troubleshooting here in this forum.

I take it that the current stocking situation has something to do with the turn around time on the RMA? I'm okay with that so long as I get it pretty soon as swim season is here now. I can control things with the One Touch in the house or in Service Mode at the panel right now but it is a bit inconvenient. Can't believe we lived without Autelis and Vera before but now it makes things so much better.
autelis
Site Admin

Post by autelis » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:18 pm

Yes please just post here or update your ticket when you have more information. We should be restocked next week so there won't be any delay for replacements.
Autelis.com Staff
Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:38 pm

I am happy to report that after testing the voltages and continuity as good and removing the wires from the Autelis, firmly pushing the green terminal block into the Autelis and reinstalling the wires then hitting the reset button on the Autelis it came back to life and connected back to the Vera Plugin. All is well for the time being. Not sure why this occurred but glad it is resolved.
Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:37 pm

Still going strong 5 months along and on into the Fall!

Thanks Autelis! Great product!