Can't access web GUI for autelis over internet

Sammy2

Can't access web GUI for autelis over internet

Post by Sammy2 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:51 pm

All I get is this:

Code: Select all

414 Request-URI Too Long: Buffer overflow detected
I'm using Vera Plus through Isy and that works but I'd like the option to directly connect from outside my LAN and sometimes I get this error inside the LAN too.
autelis
Site Admin

Re: Can't access web GUI for autelis over internet

Post by autelis » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:33 pm

Autelis.com Staff
Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:06 am

This issue has self resolved and is not longer ocurrring but now, after having a new pump installed, The Autelis will not connect at all. I can log into the web GUI just fine but it says, "Not connected". I did a reboot via the "Reboot" button and it still won't connect to may Jandy RS One Touch board. None of the control wires were touched during installation according to the installer but the electrical to the Jandy board was turned off during installation for safety reasons. There's been power outages before without issue for the Autelis Controller.
Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:14 am

Thus far I rebooted it a couple of times and I also power cycled the Jandy Board a couple of time, even hitting the reset button on it as well. I even hit the reset button in the Autelis Web GUI and was even able to put back in my AUX labels which Google autofill saved for me and I was able to go to the ISY page and redo the Vera integration settings. Finally, I hooked back up the indoor touch panel and can control the pool from there indicating the Jandy Panel works fine but the Autelis, while powering up and connecting to my network does not work. I'm considering flashing the f/w but not sure if that will help. I bought this unit in August 2016 and it says on your webpage that it has a one year warranty but they are also out of stock, supposedly until April according to another post on this forum, I'm not sure how to go about getting a replacement if needed under warranty. Please help!

TIA
Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:16 am

I did a f/w flash just now. It went real fast. Do I need to tick the force update check box because I am overwriting with the same 1.6.9 f/w? Will doing this even help me?
Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:23 am

autelis
Site Admin

Post by autelis » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:30 pm

Thanks for your posts. Even though you mention no wires were touched, the most likely cause of "no connection" is a loose or disconnected wire. Please verify all wires are attached securely to the proper terminals.
Autelis.com Staff
Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:20 pm

I have already verified that all the wires were connected. I actually removed them from the lugs at the Jandy Board and re-inserted them re-tightening the screws.

On the Autelis itself, I tightened the screws on the lugs and gently pulled them. They did not come out of the lugs at all. It would seem that the Autelis is getting power and has an ethernet connection too.

The wired on-wall Jandy RS Touch Panel inside the house still controls the Jandy Board fortunately as it is the only remote control I have for the pool right now and it isn't very remote. Without the Autelis, I cannot use my Vera Plugin either.

Should I flash the f/w?
autelis
Site Admin

Post by autelis » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:37 pm

Thanks for the information. Flashing the firmware most likely will not fix a "no connection" error. Do you have a terminal expansion kit installed in your panel where the autelis wiring connects? Sometimes the wiring from the main board to the terminal expansion can become loose or disconnected even though the wiring for the autelis device is secure.

Are you able to test the wiring by connecting the working wall remote to the wiring at the autelis device and see if it connects?
Autelis.com Staff
Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:07 pm

autelis wrote:Thanks for the information. Flashing the firmware most likely will not fix a "no connection" error. Do you have a terminal expansion kit installed in your panel where the autelis wiring connects? Sometimes the wiring from the main board to the terminal expansion can become loose or disconnected even though the wiring for the autelis device is secure.

Are you able to test the wiring by connecting the working wall remote to the wiring at the autelis device and see if it connects?
I do not have a terminal expansion kit, just the basic 4-wire terminal that plugs into the Jandy board. I had the wall controller disconnected from the Jandy Panel and only the Autelis connected for 6 months now because I had no use for the wall controller between when I got the Autelis set up with Vera and this past Saturday when the Autelis stopped showing it is connected.

Testing the Autelis at the wall panel will require me removing the Autelis from the water proof enclosure in which it resides and pulling the touch panel out of the wall to connect the Autelis. This is a little bit tedious and time consuming. If it doesn't work connected directly to the Jandy board I don't see any advantage to testing like this as it only introduces more cabling and line losses into the system.

Maybe I need to do a continuity test on the control wire that I am using right now to connect the Autelis to the Jandy R485 terminal?

Also, can I check voltages on these four conductors?

Which one is providing the power to the Autelis? My instinct says the red one but is there a ground?

What voltages do the other wires carry?

Before yanking the Autelis out of it's cozy box, I want to check these things first I think.

If I do need to do an RMA under warranty, is it true that you have more product coming in next month? If so, how quick can I do an RMA?

Thanks.