New Plugin for Vera

rstrouse

New Plugin for Vera

Post by rstrouse » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:17 pm

There is a new beta plugin for Vera UI7 that you can download from the MCV forums.

The link is below
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/ ... #msg215985

On a side note I would like to perhaps get some enhancement requests. For instance, it would be nice to get the current Intellibrite mode selected, have the ability to control Intellichlor, and have reporting of current pump wattage/rpms. I would love to hook this up to the Energy monitoring. Being new to the Autelis unit I am not sure how go about getting enhancement requests in but it looks like this forum is administered by Autelis.
autelis
Site Admin

Re: New Plugin for Vera

Post by autelis » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:30 pm

Thanks for your post. This sounds great.

Are you using the HTTP/XML API or the TCPSerial API? Are you also using the ISY/Vera firmware?
Autelis.com Staff
rstrouse

Post by rstrouse » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:51 pm

I am using the XML/http api. I did not know there was a TCPSerial API. Yes, I am using the ISY/Vera firmware. The plugin does not use the Variable container device, rather is watches on the variables that you originally were sending to Vera. This plugin opens up the unit to HA on Vera and does not require the user to build any Luup to get it to work with scenes, triggers, and events.

Is there any possibility to get information related to the pumps or Intellichlor? I would like to get the pump wattage tied to home energy monitoring.
autelis
Site Admin

Post by autelis » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:08 pm

Yes it is possible to poll pumps.xml for pump status information and chem.xml for Intellichlor and IntelliChem information. However we can look at adding some additional variables for these features in a future firmware.
Autelis.com Staff
rstrouse

Post by rstrouse » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:32 pm

Thanks for that! I will be adding that functionality this week. On a side note, the VContainer variables aren't necessarily the best way to implement the functionality. If there was a way to send actual call_action commands to the plugin that would be more efficient and tighter. It works and it's not horrible but the protocol would be much more instant given a call to a function on the service. Just a thought.
autelis
Site Admin

Post by autelis » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:39 pm

Thanks for your suggestion. Have you looked at the TCPSerial API? If you don't think that is a good option, can you give an example of the call_action commands you referenced and we will take a look?
Autelis.com Staff
Dpc131

Post by Dpc131 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:38 pm

RStrouse,

Thanks for the plugin. I have the simulation loaded and it already seems great.

Autelis,

I have the Suntouch control system and I'm looking at installing this plugin that RStrouse has written. I asked a while ago and you folks said to just purchase the Easytouch Autelis and you can load on the Suntouch control, is the coding similar enough that you think that the Plugin for Vera would work? Also, when I asked before you said that you could update my sun touch FW if I sent it in when I purchased the unit. Are you still willing to do that?
autelis
Site Admin

Post by autelis » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:15 pm

Yes it should work with suntouch and yes we can update your board's firmware if you send it in. Thanks.
Autelis.com Staff
rstrouse

Post by rstrouse » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:48 pm

Dpc131,

I have been using the plugin to great success and honing it as needed. I have posted v1.0 of the release on the Vera forum. If you have any suggestions or issues with it just let me know and I will work to get them resolved.
Dpc131

Post by Dpc131 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:25 pm

Thanks. It may be a little bit until it gets warmer that I pull the trigger on the upgrade. Thanks for putting this together. I installed the simulation and it looks great.